Saturday, 22 October 2016

It's bad enough trying to organise the woolly stashes ...

... But organising digital photos across platforms takes patience and determination to a whole different level.

Still searching for how to get the old disappeared photos to upload, or how to restore them from my digital stash.

But synchronicity is at work. I had hi-speed broadband installed on Thursday. And The supposedly seamless transfer wasn't. Cue very assertive conversations with customer service. No I will not take a screw driver to the box on the wall .. the phone line was working fine until the switch. If it's a fault on the phone line it's due to the switch over. No I will not wait till Monday for a line engineer as a this has been caused by the switch over so standard terms and conditions don't apply. Etc etc. I wondered why I had bothered .. it wasn't broken before, so why hadn't I left well alone. The engineer arrived Friday morning first thing, yes it was a fault with exchange wiring. All fixed, but I still wondered why I had bothered.

The answer came today. 7432 photos uploaded to google photos in under an hour. Last I've I tried to back them up to the cloud I took about 3 days.

However, that still doesn't solve the problem. There are some pesky little settings somewhere to reset I'm sure. Or is it because I am trying to do it from the iPad?

The only screwdriver I will contemplate will come in a glass, well chilled.

1 comment:

  1. When you get your screwdriver out - pour one for me too, please!!!!

    ReplyDelete