Yeh, well, I'm in charge, of this blog, so I can go off on a tangent, or deeply into the fundamentals if I want to: it depends on your own spin on life if you want to read on, or pass swiftly over to the next blog with pictures and pattern details.
The moebius loop is the loop of infinity: what is on the outside affects the inside, and the inside affects the outside.
And yes, the moebius cowl has become a la mode: you knit it in the round and deliberately introduce a twist; or you knit it straight and incorporate the twist in the fabric as you sew it together. Whichever technique you use - you end up with the same result: the inside is the outside and the outside is in the outside (except that knitted in the round means that it is literally seamless).
Even if what we feel or have experienced is 'buried' in our internal unconscious ... it still affects our external self - our actions, our feelings, our motivations, out energies. Likewise, what we choose to do on the outside affects our internal selves.
Complicated, hey!
Yet so simple.
I know that my return to knittery and stitchery is a spontaneous reintegration of who I have been, with who I am currently - and who I will become. Metamorphosis through remembrance and re-integration.
But worry not, dear reader, this blog might be blogging about all things: the journey, the explorations, the metaphysical meanderings; but above all it's about me expressing myself, outside in and inside out ... seamlessly I hope through the crafts of knitting and sewing. Life in the round. Through time. And the time to knit and stitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment