Coming back to knitting after a few decades of only intermittent knittery and stitchery does show how things have moved on. I've never been a diarist or consistent photographer or scrap-booker ... and have had various clear-outs of what at the time seemed like a whole load of baggage ... projects finished, projects started and abandoned, materials for projects that might happen one day.
Now I've come back to knitting and probably quilting, I regret not having the "vintage" stash to go through. Never mind, plenty of time from now to have fun in recording the projects - and some thoughts around them - as I go along.
One of my first tasks will be to find photos of the knitting I've been doing over the past few months so at least I can do a bit of catch-up.
But first - got to head out to buy buttons for Sarah's Pink Catch. Photo to follow.
Knitting seems to be an excellent metaphorical pastime for ensuring that life comes together in a seamless manner. Growth and colour with creativity, what more can we ask for? Drab V neck school jumpers are a thing of the past as I survey the enticing range of yarns online. Lead and I will follow!
ReplyDelete